You will undoubtedly need to add more pages to your website. There are a couple ways to add new pages to your website.
The first way is to create a new child page of the current page you are on. Simply click the Create link on the blue Admin Bar across the top of your website.
For the second method of creating a page, you will need to start from Pages found in the dark grey Admin Menu running down the left side of your screen. Then click the blue Add Page button near the upper right corner of that page.
Next, you will need to choose a Page Type. This will determine what kind of information you will place on the page. You will find that there are several page types.
- Page - The Page page type creates an editable web page that can can accept text, Images, Links, and lots more content.
- Blog - The Blog page type is specific to adding content automatically from the Blog when ever it is updated.
- Calendar - The Calendar page type adds a full calendar that is edited from the Events Collection.
- Media - The Media page type allows you to automatically add all media directly from the Media Collection.
- Store - The Store page type will show that items that you have for sale via the Store Collection.
- Forwarder - The Forwarder page type allows you to send a visitor directly to a different page within your site or another website.
The next step is to select a Layout for the new page. Your choice of Layout will affect the basic appearance of the page; if is uses the carousel, if it has a side column, etc. The icons can be a bit confusing unless you know how to interpret them. This is not a complete list but it does include the most common layouts:
Open (white) header boxes allow for you to add "Featured Images" in the page settings that show in the Header of the page.
Closed boxes represent areas that do not allow for "Featured Images". The theme will have a background color and typically a title that shows.
Larger boxes with arrows (< >) to indicate a carousel. This would be a home page layout with a carousel.
Add your title and any content you wish. Click the blue Publish button in the upper right corner of the web page.
To make this page show as a main navigation item set the parent page to "Home" otherwise you you will want to choose any other editable page of your website to be the parent
Edit and Publish:
Finally, you can "Publish" the page at any time. Edit the page to add and modify any content just as you would any other page. Learn more about editing >>
Protect your Page:
Password protect a page with a simple password or require users log in with their own accounts to view the page contents. You will need to start by going to the page you want to secure and editing the page. Then follow these steps:
- In the Page Settings column on the right, at the top, select the "Advanced" tab.
- Under the "Advanced" tab look for and select the "Edit" link of the "Access: Inherit - Edit" line.
- Uncheck the "Inherit Permission" check box.
- You will have two options for limiting access to the page. You can select one or the other options, or use both options together.
- Password - Type in a single password and give that password to all the people that should have access to this page. You can change the password at any time in the future.
- Check the "Require User Level" check box and select the user group that should have access to this page. The User Level you select will determine what users can view the page
- Admin - Only logged-in Admin-level users can see this page's contents.
- Contributor - Anyone that is a Contributor or Admin level would be able to log in and see this page's contents.
- Viewer - Anyone that can log into the website would be able to see this page's contents.
- Correspondent - Since Correspondents can not actually log in this option is pointless and should not be used.
- There is a third "Require Subscription" option but this is part of a specific feature built for Conference and Union websites. This option should not be used.
- Select the blue "Done" button and then "Publish" the page.